Have a roman shade but fell out of love with it?
It just didn't match.
You may remember the before here below.
It was ok.
It was just khaki brown and didn't go well.
I didn't want to spend a bank to buy a new one so..
I took it down and brushed the 7 layers of dust off.
And you know what I found?
My dream fabric at Kmart!!!
It's a set of sheets but I can so work with that.
I cut a piece to fit on top of the existing shade.
I then turned the edge over and pinned it down.
I did not overlap to the back because I didn't want to mess with the pull string.
I then pleated over the original pleats and pinned them down.
After I had it all pinned, I sewed the edges on my machine.
I tacked down the pleats to help hold them in place.
I did not iron it and have no intentions on doing so...LOL.
The heat from the outside will do that for me ;)
From the outside it looks like the real deal.
I overlapped the bottom edge.
Here is what the edges look like.
The picture shows more than the naked eye ;)
Ahhh so much better than the brown.
For those that are wondering, the shade still works.
I didn't mess with the back so the draw string still works just fine.
Now I have big plans for the other sheets.
Can't wait to share more!