I have wanted a bench for the foot of my bed for a very long time.
Problem was....they never seemed to fit.
My room is on the smaller scale and having a bench would take up much needed walking space.
So I searched for plans that could be tweaked and made my own!
I only had to buy a few boards because I scrapped up the rest.
When I made the legs below I really started getting excited!
I thought....I think I could really do this!
It was just like putting a puzzle together.
Watching it come together...
I cheered myself on..ha!
I am really doing this!
I think I was painting this at midnight...too excited to stop!
Then came the slipcover.
As you would know it, Wal Mart was sold out of their cording.
So I found some cord and seam binding and made my own.
I'm sure I did it wrong but it worked for me ;)
I feel all professional when I use cording (even if its the homemade kind) Ha!
It just adds so much to your project.
My problem is figuring out what side the pieces need to go.
Kinda tricky eh'
So now I have a slender bench that fits perfect in my room.
I decided not to add the foam...but you could.
I have a feeling I will be making more slipcovers as my taste changes over time.
For now I'm really diggin' the yellow..ha!
So now you know my accent color....
Grey and yellow are just fun.
Pillows and new wall art.....here I come!
ps....many of you shared about the ceiling fan blades.
I am working with some dark wood in the room and the blades should blend right in.
You just never know...
that's the fun of it
always a work in progress!